It’s Open Season!
Once again, the APWU plan has great prices and features and is a great way to Be Union, Buy Union, all while enjoying the Plan’s many wellness benefits! Our plan has a 98% retention rate, so you know that it offers good service and good value.
The High Option features:
· Maternity covered at 100%
· Diabetes and hypertension management programs
· Weight loss program
· Tobacco cessation
· 100% coverage of accidental injury within 24 hours of accident
· Routine dental coverage
· New this year – extra dental coverage if you complete a health risk assessment online
· $ 25 co-pays for office visits, even specialists
· Hearing aid benefit
The Consumer Driven plan offers:
· No upfront deductible, the plan covers 100% of the first $1200 (self) or $2400(family) in medical expenses before you pay anything.
· 100% coverage for in network preventative care and screenings, maternity, diabetes management program, tobacco cessation
Also this year, both plans feature changes to the catastrophic out of pocket. For the high option, the maximum out of pocket for in network medical expenses is $6500 self/$13000 self plus one or family.
For the Consumer Driven, the maximum is $6500 per person, and 13000 for self plus one or family.
More info and complete details are available on the Plan’s website: www.apwuhp.com.
APWU Career with FEHB insurance for at least a year (these are members of the union, career USPS employees in our Bargaining Unit)
High Option – 93.13 self only OR 250.36 for family coverage.
Consumer Driven – 17.16 for self, 54.45 for family coverage.
PSEs – Consumer Driven – 68.96 self, 163.51family
PSE’s who have been coverted to career, but have less than one year in a FEHB health plan will pay 66.20 self, or 156.97 family until they hit the one year mark.